Today I want to share a recipe that I use to substitute or add in my menu to vary my food, which is called “The green banana Biomass”
Unripe banana “Biomass” consists of a preparation made from cooked green banana pulp. This simple preparation is able to improve immunity contribute to the development of the intestinal microbiota, control cholesterol levels and prevent the accumulation of abdominal fat.
Green bananas contains more resistant starch than their ripe counterparts. Full of fibres, extremely rich in potassium and gives long-term energy.
Cooking; Heating and grinding the starch granules like from the potatoes causes the amount of sugar releasing the starches that turn into sugar.
The Ingredients for de Mashed Bananas “Biomass”
- 2 large bananas or 4 small bananas.
How to make
- Wash the bananas with water (In their skin)
- Boil the bananas in their skin for about 1 hour.
- Remove the bananas from the pan as they are already tender and carefully remove the banana whole from their skins
- Put the pulp in a blender or processor and beat with a little water, without putting too much water. Do not let it cool, beat the hot pulp until it forms a thick paste.
This banana pulp can be used as a thickener in various recipes, helping to improve the consistency of any dish. Biomass can be used to replace other foods in traditional recipes such as mayonnaise, sour cream, oil, helping to give the same consistency to meals without altering the final flavor or aroma.
Store in small portions, About 3 days in the refrigerator.
* To save time it is advisable to cook in a pressure cooker. 8-minute time!