Warm up your body with this delicious pumpkin soup, serving in small cups. To make a soup requires only thinking about the flavors of the food together, cooking and seasoning them. It is not difficult and allows a huge variety of combinations.
For this time with red lentils, onions, garlic, coriander, cumin and a pinch of turmeric, fresh or canned corn kernels, pumpkin puree. Also for this soup French bread with pesto, salami, garlic butter and hummus.
- Olive or cocos oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into pieces
- 200g (3/4 cup) red lentils, rinsed
- 125L (5 cups) water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 90g (1/3 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 pack of philadelphia cream cheese *For inside the pumpkin
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
Preparing the pumpkin
- Cut a member off the top of the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the seeds and all stringy parts.
- Rub inside and the edges of the pumpkin with 1 pack of philadelphia cream cheese.
- Finely chop the coriander and decorate the edges of the pumpkin with the coriander.
Intructions for the pumpkin soup
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Fry the onion with a bit olive oil, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and stirring, until aromatic.
Add the pumpkin, lentils, water and stock cube.
Bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to low
- Add 1l water
Simmer, for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin and lentils are soft.
Set aside to cool.
Transfer the half the soup to a blender-or use an immersion blender in the pot and puree until smooth.
Transfer the soup to the pumpkin
Stirring and season with pepper.
Ladle among serving bowls.
Top with the yoghurt and coriander to serve.
For the French Bread
- 2 small French bread
- Aragula pesto
- White bean garlic Hummus
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° c
- Make a cut into the bread until it almost reaches the botton (cut the bread diagonally)
- Slather the slices with Argula pesto, White bean hummus or as your desires.
- Cram the slices with salami and finish it off with a parmesan cheese, olive oil
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted.