For tonight I have a delicious recipe with green bread crumbs. It so easy to make. For the sauce I have Leffe beer with a little flour to make the sauce extra thick. Mussels vegetables, lemon juice, mild blue cheese. For this recipe i have 2kg of Mussels. You can make for 4 persons, also very good to make for in the oven in individual dishes.
- 2kg Mussels
- 300g Blue cheese
- 1 French white bread or Small pistolets
- 2 lemons
- 2 leeks (chopped)
- 1 Celery (chopped)
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Small Beer bottle of white wine
- 2 Cornflour * If you like a thick sauce
Instructions for the Mussels
- Mix everything together in a bbq dish, Put aluminum foil on it and bake for about 15 minutes.
- After put a little mussels in a dish.
- In the edges of a dish spread the bread crumbs and bring it into the bbq for another 5 minutes until the breadcrumbs are good crispy.
- Serve with extra blue cheese and French bread with garlic butter,,Don’t forget to your mussels cutlery set,,,Enjoy!
For the breadcrumbs:
– Half French bread per person or 2 small white pistolets
– Spring onions
– garlic powder or flakes
– grated cheese
-Salt and pepper
- Add the French bread (small pieces) in a food processor or blender.
- Blend them until you have fine crumbs.
- Chop the parsley, spring onions (finely)
- In one bowl add e breadcrumbs, the chopped parsley,spring onions, garlic,grated cheese, salt and pepper.
- Put back in the food processor a bit of the crumbs mixture with extra parsley,spring onions. * This is to get a little bit green color and taste
- Place the green breadcrumbs with the other crumbs in the bowl and combine