Delicious healthy pasta for today. Use your favorite pasta sauce for this recipe and create a nest from the spaghetti. This pasta based on tomato sauce is one of those that is easy, quick, healthy and also easy to freeze. With a little cabbage in it to make that extra healthy pasta.
For this vegetarian pasta, make a simple tomato sauce of your choice with fried onions, zucchini, and stir in the pasta. – In every nest add zucchini noodles,cooked cabbage, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese. And that’s it! This creates a pasta with a crispy top layer which is something different.
- 400g Package spaghetti (16 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- Chopped parley
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- Dry garlic flakes or fresh garlic
- 1/2 Tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 Zucchini for the noodles and a little bit for the pasta sauce
Note: The easiest way to make zucchini noodles is to use a spiralizer. They make long, curly noodles in minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, fry garlic,chopped onions,basil, chopped zucchini, salt, sugar over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomaat sauce and the cooked spaghetti.
- Add the zucchini noodles in the pasta sauce. Stir *Don’t overcook!
- The noodles should be cooked to al dente (just like pasta). Othewise they will look wilted.
- In the frypan twist the spaghetti with a fork or a kitchen tong and make a nest.
- In every nest add zucchini noodles,cooked cabbage, mini mozzarella, basil, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and bring in the preheated oven for 180c for 15 minutes and serve immediately.
- Top with more zucchini noodels next every spaghtti nest.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with basil en extra parmesan cheese
Normally I make the zucchini noodles pasta without any pasta. That gives an extra dimension when serving. You give one crispy nest pasta per persson together with a fresh salad ,,, Enjoy!