For today in my blog post you will a lot of pictures for this recipe and I have two types of bean wraps, with the best known sauces for the vegan fans. A recipe for all kind of Mexican dishes including enchiladas and burritos. No meat, full of vegetables and the a very good Mexican seasoning to make your lunch or meal. Tie the tortilla wraps with a wet string and put in the oven for 10 minutes.So easy!
If you want that meaty taste, those than mushrooms they are a good choice. Their taste is rich, earthy and meaty, especially cremini or Portobello mushrooms. They are healthy and filling and you can replace meat in any recipe. A good way to eat mushrooms is not only fresh but also dried. I crush fresh mushrooms in the food processor before I start with my recipe. With dried mushrooms, first in water for a few minutes and then chop finely.
For the tortilla filling you can use all leftovers of vegetables, witte and black beans with the Mexican spices. They give the right taste so that you will not miss the meat in the recipe.
TORTILLA SPINACH WRAPS (For about 5 tortillas
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup corn flour (corn starch)
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- Wash the baby spinach and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally in a skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes, until the spinach is completely wilted.
- Transfer the cooked spinach to a blender or food processor with the 1/2 cup of water and completely pure. Then set aside.
- Combine the corn flour, wheat flour and sea salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the spinach puree and stir into the bowl until the flour is completely absorbed.
- Use a rubber or wood spatula to do this.
- You will have to knead it and work it in using your fingers or a spatula to combine.
- If the mixture seems too wet or sticky, you can add a little extra flour to help.
- Now we dust a flat surface liberally with flour and knead the dough until you get a tortilla shape.
- knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into about 5 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Place into a hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side.
- I cut strings enough for the size for the tortilaas( to tie the tortillas) but first I put the cut strings in water so that they do not burn in the oven.
- Spoon 1/4 of the vegetables mixture onto half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas over. If desired, serve with your favo cream and additional salsa.
- You can also use this technique for the barbecue !!!
White beans, black beans when you need some energy and iron. In the winter I eat more as a soup, oven dish, in the pressure cooker and even as a pizza, so many variations. I really love!
- Chili powder
- Ancho powder or sweet smokey paprika powder
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried chipotle chile pepper
- Dried oregano leaves
- Coriander (optional)
* Mix together all the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and store in a cool place in an airtight container.
*This season mix adds authentic flavor to Mexican dishes .I use for today in my vegetables for the tortillas or If you dont have all spices at home use from your local store.
I cut strings enough for the size for the tortillas( to tie the tortillas), but first I put the cut strings in water so that they do not burn in the oven.
You use this technique for the barbecue !!!