A twist recipe that you can make with pickled herring and especially if you want to prepare a tasty and healthy meal and you don’t want to spend a time in the kitchen. Then can be anything good as inspiration.For this time i have this delicious creamy pasta. I eat this recipe in the summer as a cold pasta salad that you can make and eat the next day. With the cream cheese and the double cream make everything super creamy. For the seefood lovers a super tasty meal.
- 5 large fillets or pickled herring or Matjes (glass jar)
- 400g fussili pasta (coocked)
- 250 g double cream
- 200 g cream cheese
- 4 small gherkins pickles (slices)
- 3 small onions (chopped)
- 1/2 leek (finely chopped)
- 50g fresh chives (chopped)
- 30g fresh dill (chopped)
- 1/2 leek (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves,peeled and roughly chopped
- sunflower oil
- a bit of salt and pepper (optional)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
If you wish to take to the oven you should know that the fish loses the structur.serving immediately keeps the fish whole and also -Canning fish in oil then blitzing it with heat is not the best idea.
- Cook the fusilli pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and add pasta to prepared pan.
- Next, in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat add onion,leek,chives,and saute until softened. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and put the herring, double cream, cream cheese, gherkins pickles, dill and a bit water and bring to a simmer, stirring and mix well.
- Mix the sauce with the cooked pasta gently and light.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserola dish, Assemble with cherry tomatoes,chives or with your favorite seasoning,Serve and enjoy!
You eat the Hollandse Nieuwe best with some onions and sour, with or without bread. Herring is one of the most eaten fish species in the Netherlands. Taste freshness, but also salty, and certainly something creamy.
We know it is also rich in omega 3, vitamins and minerals. Also low calorie and easy to digest and for many who do not like the sour taste of the fish let yourself be delighted and try with this cream cheese, double cream version and varie with cheeses and create another meal.
For a crispy layer
- At a temperature of 180 to 200 degrees, most gratin layers are perfect in 15 to 25 minutes.
- A layer of grated cheese or sliced cheese, for example Gouda, Gruyere cheese,
- Parmesan cheese, mozzarella, or a mix
- Breadcrumbs, panko or something similar, often with some butter in it
- Eggs, often in combination with cheese and / or breadcrumbs (soft and crispy)