This pizza recipe is for when you thing to have a meatless day! Then are the vegetarian balls,hamburgers very popular and versatile healthy option and you can not miss it. These i make with kale of spinach; And when you use spinach add a little bit more oats,breadcrumbs, mashed potatoes,cashew or any flour you are use too and that is because of the moisture. the result is a bit dry then, but belive me inside are very soft and delicious. First I made the balls and then the pizza, you can also make the balls the day before so then you do not waste time during the preparation of the pizza,
Packed with flavors, use pesto instead of tomato sauce for a Greek flavor pizza. If you prefer more fresh and tangy dressing, you can add extra lemon juice.
Ingredients for the veggie balls
- 1 can chickpea beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 cups spinach (chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Bit water or milk (optional)
Note: Extra tapioca flour, corn flour or all-purpose flor ( to roll the balls )
- Preheat your oven to 180°c
- Add chickpea beans, peas, corn,vegetables and spices into your food processor and process until well mixed.
- Next add in your oats and process again. Your mixture should be slightly sticky but also formable. If it is still to wet add in some more oats.
- Next form balls with your hands or using an ice cream scoop (Optional- Roll them in tapioca flour and then shallow fry them)
- Place the balls on a non stick baking sheet/parchment paper and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once the time is up, take them out and let them cool for 15 minutes.
For the pizza dough or Refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 500g or strong white flour,plus extra for dusting
- 2 sachet (7g) fast-action dried yeast or fresh yeast
- 1/2tbs caster sugar
- 1tbsp olive oil of 50g melted butter
- 300ml warm water
- Red pesto sauce
- Poppy seeds
- pine nuts
- cabbage or kale (chopped)
- cucumber (slices)
- lemon, slices (optional)
Note: This dough you can make 2 thin pizzas or just for a large pizza (I made 2)
- Arrange a rack in the bottom third of the oven. Place a heavy rimmed baking sheet upside-down on the rack, and heat the oven to 220°c
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add the warm water and olive oil, and stir the mixture with your hands or wooden spoon until the dough just begins to come together.
- Scrape the dough onto a well-floured counter top and knead the dough for 5 minutes. It should quickly come together and begin to get sticky. Dust the dough with flour as needed (sometimes I will have to do this 2 to 3 times, depending on humidity levels) – it should be slightly tacky, but should not be sticking to your counter top.
- After three minutes, the dough should be smooth, slightly elastic, and tacky. Lightly grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil, and place the dough into the bowl.Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel (or plastic wrap) and allow the dough to rise in a warm, dry area until the dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- On a floured surface push and stretch the pizza dough out into a circle.
- Roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin and on parchment paper.
- Top the pizza with pesto sauce,poppy seeds,veggie balls, cherry tomatoes,mozzarella,
- Carefully remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven and use the parchment paper to slide the pizza onto the back of the baking sheet.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and crisp and the cheese melts, 10 minutes or more.
- Top with cabbage, cucumber, extra parmesan cheese and the cashew cream dressing over it, Enjoy!