A day without meat. Sometimes I make this vegetarian version with white beans with zucchini.Exactly on those days that you like to have a nice portion of crisp chips or nachos but healthier. White beans can be very nutritious like the brown or black beans. Tastes very soft with the spiciness of the taco,cumin,guacamole and this delicious casheuw cream. Use the same methods you are used to and you will have surprising flavors on your plate…
- 1 can white beans (drained and rinsed) for 2 dishes about 600g
- 1/2 zucchini (diced)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup water (or stock)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Spring onions (finely chopped)
- 4-5 cups vegan cheese,shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Parmigiano
- jalapeno slices (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100 ml Sour cream
- 1/2 lemon (1tbsp juice)
- 2 cups cashew (roasted)
- Half – one large avocado, mashed or Guacamole
- Chunky salsa
- Fresh jalapeños and red onion (optional // sliced)
- Hot sauce (optional)
Cashew cream sauce
- Cashew roasted or soaking in cool water for a beter cream
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 100ml sour cream
- 1 glove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1tsp sugar or honey
- salt and papper to taste
– Add the cashews and blend on high speed until completely smooth. Stop de blender,scrape down the sides of the blender and process again for 1 minute.
Note: The longer you soak the cashews, the creamier your cashew cream will be. I use roasted cashew because goes into the oven this time and it gives more moisture.
_Add nutricional yearst, lemon juice,a pinch of pepper for a queso dip cream.
* but an overnight soak is the best for a creamy cashew cream.
- Fry the onion for 5 minutes and then the garlic.
- Add the zucchini,the white beans to the onion mixture,2 tbsp taco seasoning (or more) 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/2 cup water (or stock). Simmer for a few minutes until heated through.
- Keep frying until all is well cooked. about 10 minutes more.
- Put the beans zucchini mixture in the middle of each plate.
- Make layers of nachos around the plate and sprinkle the cheese, sour cream, corn kernels,chopped cilantro over the nachos and then repeat the nachos with cheese and sour cream, corn kernels, cilantro.
- Bring to the oven 180 ° c for about 10 minutes or until all the cheese is melted.
- Put a little cashew cream in a small bowl and place in the middle of the dish and top with your favorite fixings and serve immediately.
- Add additional salt and lime if necessary, Enjoy!