This is a recipe from my latest vacation visiting Lipno and when you are on vacation you see and taste almost everything in town. Here my Plenty version of the goulash with bread dumplings in herb butter, seasoned sausages from Czech Republic ,,, Result ,, A pan dish! I was early at the markt seeing people taking a fresh cup of soup, breakfast,so nice! I bought at the local markt few things for the evening meal and the square was full of people and tourists,(It was also a national holiday) and everyone enjoying the beautiful sunny day in their own way…
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- 1 Pot goulash
- 1 Dumpling bread or french bread
- Herb butter (for the bread)
- 4 seasoned sausages
- Pork meat (shredded pork ) or leftover meat
- Vegetable broth (powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- Spring onions
- 1 onion (chopped)
- Half leek (cut into pieces)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1tbsp olive oil
* Leave a litlle bit of leek and spring onions for the dumpling bread
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and fry the sausages for a few minutes wth 4 gloves garlic until browned all over.
Remove the sausages from the pan
Fry the onions and garlic in the same pan until softened
Add the spring onions, leek ,the chopped onion for few minutes
Stir in the vegetable broth ,sugar,the goulash in stir until well combined. Pour in the pork meat(shredded pork ) to the pan and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the goulash sauce is waiting we make the dumpling bread.
The dumpling bread
Cut the bread in circles and spread the herb butter in the bread
We lay the bread in clockwise direction, from left to right and nicely next to each other and here and there leeks and spring onions with the direction
- Cut the sausages in half and put in the middle of the goulash dish
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Garnish with extra spring onions
- Serve the goulash with long-grain rice or salad ans Enjoy!