This delicious Creamy Pumpkin Shrimps with pure and unrefined palm oil, that I like to share with you is a recipe that I wait when the pumpkin season arrives. Then I can make with fresh pumpkin and those that you will see are from my garden. It is a traditional Brazilian food recipe.Originally with Shrimps (prawn) stuffed pumpkin. Are many variations like a combination with fish and prawns of chicken. If you are not so familiar with palm oil or can’t find it in your local supermarket, just make with the other ingredients, but the real taste that I learn from is a special and specifically that you ones need to try. For special occasions,party’s, thanksgiving table will be a success!
Unrefined palm oiI i use also with other spices, like curry,chilly sauce, parsley,tomato sauce and lot’s of coconut,heavy cream and cream cheese and for a freshness a half lemon juice.
*Cooked white rice for the creamy pumpkin
- 2 sweet pumpkin
- 1 Kg medium prawns
- 1 fish stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons palm oil (i use pure and unrefined oil)
- 2 garlic clove chopped
- 2 small onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- Handful parsley
- Handful spring onions chopped
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour or maizena
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 100 no coconut cream
- 2 packs of cream cheese (i use HowHowPhiladelphia)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- A bit breadcrumbs
Preparation of the pumpkin
- Wash the pumpkin
- Put some oil in your hands and rub the pumpkin.
- Bake in the microwave 600 for approximately 5 minutes ( It makes easy to cut the
- pumpkin) Cut the pumpkin lid and take it back for another 5 minutes, until it is soft.
- Scrape out the flesh and remove all seeds inside with a spoon.
With a tablespoon spread a bit cream cheese inside the pumpkin. On around the edges from the pumpkin bring de beaten egg and the breadcrumbs for a beautiful crisp edges later in the oven. Set aside.
Preparation of the schrimps in cream sauce
1. Sauté the onion and the garlic finely chopped in 1 tablespoon unrefined palm oil.
2. Add the chopped onions,the parsley,spring onions,cilantro, fish stock,the chopped tomatoes, black pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the peeled prawns and cook a few minutes.
4. Dissolve the flour in a little of coconut milk or water.
5. Add the pumpkin flesh, coconut milk, coconut cream,cream cheese,1tablespoon palm oil and flour dissolved to the mixture, a little at a time, and stir frequently until the cream is thickened.
6. Season with parsley, salt and black pepper (taste)
How to assemble the pumpkin
- Fill the pumpkin in with the shrimps mixture.
Make a small holes on the edge from the pumpkin and fix the shrimps hanging outside de edge.
- Bake the filled pumpkin at 180° C until the cheese has melted and the edges are crisp. For about 15 minutes.
- Decorate the filled pumpkin with prawn, chopped parsley, a bit rice inside the pumpkin.
- Put the lit back and serve on plate like a bowl.
- Serve with extra white rice