Today I have a super-healthy green pasta for you. Besides the pesto to spread on your bread you can also eat it as a green pasta. If you want to make a vegetarian recipe, add extra vegetables and cheese as you like. For a recipe with meat use the pesto normally with chicken, chopped meat or ham. varieties are much like any other pesto.
The recipe of the carrots leaves you can find here by my old post Carrot Leaves Pesto, Zero waste! Enjoy it!
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of the carrots leaves pesto
- A handful of cashew nuts (Grind or chop cashew nuts in a food processor or
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- olive oil
- In a large pot or boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Working quickly, stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently tossed to combine, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time together with the 2 tablespoons of the pesto until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, cashew nuts, grated parmesan,Enjoy!