Perhaps you are familiar with this story: You are at the supermarket and buy a handful carrots full of green and beautiful leaves. You know what to do with the carrots,of course! But you’re not sure how to use those branches of the leaves and the easy way is to throw it way.
Until you find out you can use the leaves of any root or vegetable as you like. Carrots leaves use as cooked, raw in salads such as pizza toppings, or better still, pesto-shaped, versatile option that can be stored in the refrigerator for days.
You will need only a processor (or blender), a handful of seeds of your choice (pinholes, nuts, nuts, or almonds) and plenty of olive oil. Very good on the bread, mix in the pasta, or even use to season salads. This way you will not waste anything and even include raw leaves in your diet.
- 1 cup of carrot leaves (without the branches, the tops of the leaves) Washed and
- Lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of walnuts or chestnuts of your choice * (I used cashew nuts)
- 3 tablespoons water
* Roast the seeds in the oven 180 ° C and helps to release the flavor and make it more intense. You can place them for a few minutes in the oven or pan until golden brown.
1. On a processor, put the cashew nuts and water.
2 Slowly add the carrot leaves, half lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and process until well blended.
3. Taste the seasonings and control the thickness of the pesto or add another teaspoon of water (you can add more olive oil after removing from the processor)
4. Serve immediately or let the flavors rush into the refrigerator for a few hours.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.-,,,,Enjoy!