This is one of those recipes that very easy is and especially when you are thinking about dieting or already doing that you will feel guilty. But do not worry you have lime juice in this recipe. So decrease the cheese fat, making it healthier like today everything in the blenderand after in the oven with artichoke and spinach,, Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 fresh artichoke (to use as bowl) optional
- 8 oz cream cheese reduced fat
- 16 oz light sour cream
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 cups sheddar cheese
- 100g parmesan cheese (optional)
- 14 oz quartered artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- 500kg fresh spinach (cooked)
- 2-3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 vegetable broth
- sage chopped
- fresh rosemary chopped
- edible flowers (red roses)
- I cook without using the other method of using a pair of scissors to cut off and discard the thorny tops of each remaining leaf before starting to cook. This step is optional,
- In a large pot, put a couple inches of water, a slice of lemon
- Cook for 25 to 35 minutes or longer, until the outer leaves can easily be pulled off.
- Remove from the pan, wait to cool and remove through the back of the flower the heart of the artichoke (use it later for in the blender)
For the blender
- Start by using the pot with artichoke (without the liquid) in the blender, cream, sour cream, parsley
- Cheddar cheese, vegetable broth, pepper and then all other ingredients except edible flowers
- Leave some grated cheese to serve with the flowers
- Put the artichoke in a baking dish and put the blender mixture in the artichoke.
- Bake in the preheated oven 180 ° C until browned for approximately 25 minutes, throw the flower petals over the artichoke, grated cheese and serve immediately, Enjoy!