Today for this tart I have a very simple mixture with quinoa, peach jam and small waffles (I put the waffels in the blender to make flour) A dish that is suitable for lunch, at a picnic. Hot or cold, it can be both. It is a delicious snack as a savory pie, with ham or something else that you like with goat cheese. It does not really matter, it is delicious and that is the most important thing, let’s start!
1 roll of puff pastry
8 small waffles
4 fresh figs
2 fresh little pears (for me recipe I use Africaans peers)
A few prunes (without pips)
200 grams of goat’s cheese(or vegetarian alternative)
6 tablespoons of peach jam
250gr quinoa mix (cooked)
1/2 lemon juice
handful of fresh mint leaves
Some sprigs of thyme
pepper and salt
Little bit of the waffle flower
Defrost the puff pastry
Halve the figs
Spread the pastry dough over the pie dish
Cut the pears
crumble the goat’s cheese
- Grease a spring form, with butter and coated with 1 roll or 7 slices of puff pastry.
- If you do not want to run the risk on a sticky cake base, you can first pre-bake the
- cake base for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture of quinoa, peach jam, waffle flour, 1/2 lemon juice, mint,thyme leaves on the cake base.
- Divide the half figs, prunes, pears over the pie,
- Sprinkle goat cheese, waffle flour in between
- Do the honey over everything
- Bake the cake at 180 ° C for 35 minutes.
- Garnish the cake with a handful mint leaves and serve! Enjoy,,,